"Our task must be to free ourselves... by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty." -Albert Einstein

Monday, November 21, 2011

On Lolo Pass

I woke up Sunday morning feeling quite under the weather. But my dad, Ryan and I were planning on heading up to Lolo Pass for the first cross country ski of the season, and I simply couldn't resist. It was a bluebird day and it truly couldn't have been more magically beautiful. The sun was shimmering on the powdery snow in a way that has always made me imagine fairies dancing between the trees (o.k., a little dorky, but true...doesn't fresh snow make your imagination kick in?). Fresh powder, blue skies, and two of my favorite people in the world. What an amazing start to what promises to be an epic ski season!

Dad cutting his first tracks of the season.



A female pine grosbeak.


Lovin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment